New Marketing Trends

Marketing Ideas for Non-Profits and Libraries

The M Word helps librarians learn about marketing trends and ideas.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Sign Up TODAY for One of These Marketing Courses!

I've recently learned about two online library marketing courses that are starting on Monday, February 2. Here's basic info on both:


Feb. 1 – Feb. 28, 2015
$250 (Simmons GSLIS Alumni Price $200)
What you earn: Continuing education credit

"Marketing in the 21st century library is a four-week course designed for MLS candidates, graduates, librarians and paraprofessionals who are charged with creating marketing and promotions plans."



Feb. 2 – March 22, 2015
Free
What you earn: an edX "Honor Code Certificate"

"Become a powerful advocate for the values and future of libraries and librarianship. Be informed, strategic, passionate, and unshushed!"


Personally, I signed up for "Unshushed" because I can audit it (not-for-credit), and because I've been curious to see just how a "MOOC" (massive open online course) works. Both look really good, and I encourage you to sign up for one of them -- ASAP!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting about these! I also signed up for the Shhh course - I am starting a new job that has a bigger outreach portion than I'm used to, and I can use all the help I can get.